Saturday, August 6, 2011

How can I cure my motion sickness?

This is my 4th year playing team sports, and every year we have at least 7 away competitions. (Bus needed for transportation) I have suffered from weakness, irritability, vomiting, nausea, and dizziness all in one bus ride. After I get off the bus I usually can't walk or hold my self upright until about 5-10 minutes later. I get enough energy to walk to the gym, but then I just collapse on the bleachers until I can feel my body parts and can see without squinting. I feel like this really affects my game. Especially since we are approaching track and field season and I high jump (Which is one of the first wave of events to commence in a meet) It's not serious, but it isn't mild. I have blacked out on a roller coaster before, but I didn't feel sick... I have already tried dramamine, and it seems to only work about 2/5 times of usage. I've heard of patches and wristbands, but do they actually work? And also, if there are any other suggestions, please comment! I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment