Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sleeping pill recommendations?

I guess the title is pretty self-explanatory, but lately I've been having trouble falling asleep. I get in bed, and I'm exhausted, but I'll lay there for 2 hours before I can actually fall asleep. I usually go to bed around 2. I'm not a morning person so I usually work on my thesis or other school stuff at night because my brain just functions better then--I just can't concentrate and do my best work in the morning. But I want to get on a slightly more normal schedule, because not falling asleep until 4 is throwing me off. I got some Unisom 50 mg pills hoping that would help me fall asleep, but it doesn't really work. It makes me feel drowsy, but not drowsy enough to actually fall asleep. Upping the dosage doesn't help. They make me feel drowsy, drunk almost but without the nausea, but not enough to fall asleep and give me dry mouth (and make me have to pee all the time...is that a normal side effect?), but that's it. I don't want to take anything on a regular basis, just for a few days so I can fall asleep earlier and get on a more normal schedule. A few people have suggested Dramamine or Nyquil...would those be better than OTC sleeping pills? Like I said, I just need it for a couple of days until I get used to getting up earlier and falling asleep before 4 am. Any suggestions appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment