Friday, August 5, 2011

If your grandparents were the ones who raised you, is it normal to have some resentment towards your parents?

I'm asking because it's always been difficult to have a good relationship with my mom. My grandparents raised me since birth, so my close relationship was with my grandparents. It's not the same with my mother and she treats me like I'm a little girl. My rebellious 18 yr old sister always got a way with murder and is LAZY, which causes my mom to deliberately blame everything on me. She will nit pick on what she can blame me for just because I'm the oldest in the house! When I was younger, my mom moved down south to care about herself and left us with my grandparents. I never started living with her until she moved back home. As I got older, I became more independent and wanted to live my own life. When I attempted to move out, she will talk me out of it. She treats my sister like she's older, but my sister does nothing but disrespect her and the house we live in (she's now pregnant from an abusive loser and doesn't work). She's a drop out, steals, and put my mom through so much stress. I'm a good student and a good person at heart who isn't disrespectful. I end up doing all the cleaning and financial help when she's also old enough to get a job, but still be yelled at about the dumbest things. I was raised well by my grandparents (who are now dead) with good morals, but my sister was raised by my mom. I don't know why parents do this and why there's favoritism always involved. Overall, I fee like I'm being treated unfairly and everyone sees this but my mother! It makes me not want to deal with her any longer. When it comes to siblings, why do parents act like this? I'm 24 years old and deserve to be treated like an adult. I'm still with her because of educational expenses, so at this time I can't afford an apartment until after I graduate and get a better job.... How do I overcome this issue?? I don't want to end up losing respect and snap at her with anger!

No comments:

Post a Comment